Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gaining access to exchange in outlook 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigonspencer

Technical User
Feb 1, 2002
US
I recently formmated and re-installed my os from win 98se to win 2k. when I installed outlook 2000 and tryed to access my exchange server it underlined my name and server (verifying that it was correct) but the asked me for the Username,domain name and password ?? so I entered it in and it said that it was incorect (although I know that it is right !! I have tryed everything I can think of , from creating a new account in exchange to deleting my old user info and re creating... If anyone could help that would be greatly apreachiated !!!

Thanks
Devin

I know that here where I work if you use Outlook with W2K it will always prompt you for the username, password, and domain until you add that particular computer to the domain. You also should have that PC set up to log on using the same username, password, and domain as you would for Exchange in Outlook which will bypass the logon prompt for Outlook.

For example,
If I set myself up on our domain, for instance DOMAIN, and I set my username and password as BGAUNTT for both, then if I also set up my PC to log onto W2K that way, once I open Outlook it takes straight into my profile that was set up on Exchange. Remember it is also case sensitive.

I hope this helps a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back