Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G723 missing on Yealink SIP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

danfael33

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2016
PH
Hi,

I hve this SIP of AASTRA Business Phone server who has codec like A-Law, M-Law, G729, G723, etc...The problem is I have new SIP phone of YEALINK who has no G723 codec and yealink phone cannot be heard on the other end, which the phone is different brand (don't know of the maker) but has all the codec and is good. Incoming call of Yealink, however, was good.

Any help? Anyone? Thank You.[bigears]

Don't know all of your specifics, but it sounds like your server is allowing a direct connection between the two phones on an internal call, so it may be that there's a codec mismatch between the two phones. I know on the Siemens/Unify phones, they are capable of several codecs, but you can disable some codecs. I'd check to ensure that all codecs are enabled on both phones. Another option would be to see if the direct connection can be disabled at the server side. In Siemens/Unify they call it "Direct Media Connection" or DMC, and it's done by station.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back