Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G700 Factory Reset w/o root password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahorner

Programmer
Sep 5, 2023
GB
This is more of a pre-emptive post. My G700 is fine, but I would like to know what the correct way to factory reset it is when no teminal access to it can be achieved by any means. I see with some Media Gateways, there is an NVRAM initialisation header which you jumper, but looking at the G700's main board I do see headers, but nothing labelled.

What is the best approach for this?

Thanks!

EDIT: Well the part about my G700 being fine? That came back to bite me. I did an NVRAM init on both the P330 and the MGP, and now when I try to login to the MGP using `session mgp` from the P330 which usually automatically logs in, I just get "Password incorrect." and then a prompt for MGP login. Tried the default root / ggdaseuaimhrke but no luck

EDIT2: Not sure what I did but after holding the two button on the front of the control panel a few times which caused the P330 to reboot, it now lets me into the MGP again... An explanation of what I did there would be nice too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back