Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G5 Dual Boot - Leopard/WinXP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixelchik

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
Most of the applications I use are on the WinXP side of my G5. Lately I find I cannot see any of the USB ports when trying to open files from my digital camera memory sticks. I'm guessing it could be a driver problem. They were working before. This is my first time using a dual boot system on a Mac. Before I start messing with re-installing drivers, anyone encounter this problem?

There is a good portion of this thread that does not make sense. A G5 cannot be a dual boot computer with WinXP.

Are you referring to using an Intel-based Mac or are you using Virtual PC on your G5? It would help to specify what you are really working with before anyone can offer meaningful aid.

Sorry...yes this is an intel based Mac running Leopard and WinXP using Bootcamp.

Hi Pixelchik
I'm running 10.4.11 on Intel iMac and my Sony digital just shows up as an icon when I plug it in.
Don't know why you would have trouble accessing your camera. But have you tried having iPhoto open when you plug in the camera, if I have iPhoto open it wants to know if I want to import the pics into iPhoto. You might try that.
Hope this helps.
IMacQuarker

Hi IMacQuarker,
The problem is on the WinXP side, which is where I spend most of my time since I have no software on my Mac side of my system. When I plug in my USB device to download the digital cam shots, I system tells me it notices new hardware. But when I go to access the data on the USB device from the camera, I don't see the device or data. I'm starting to think that I have to re-install the drivers for the USB ports. But I'll try re-booting my system to the OSX and try your suggestion with iPhoto and see if I can download the pics to the server. Thanks for that suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back