Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G450 Power LED blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcourter

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2007
US
I have a G450 where the power LED is blinking. All I can find in the manual is that this is a power problem. I tried a new power supply and same thing. When the system boots up and i do a show voltages it shows status of the power supply as OK. Is there something wrong with the main board or chasis then? what else can i try. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

ACA - IP Office Implement

Do you have 1 or 2 power supplies. With only one plugged in the green power light will flash very fast, with 2 plugged in it will then be a solid green light. if you only have one power supply then this is not an issue.

Just 1. I had thought thats what it meant as I have heard that elsewhere. I had to ask though since the install guide says a blinking pwr LED is s power issue. Thanks for you confirmation that im not crazy.

Well now I am confused. I have another G450 that just came in and only has 1 power supply installed and the PWR LED does not blink at all. Just lights up solid green. Any thoughts?

Ive noticed there are two different types of the G450 main board. One where the NVRAM jumper is near the middle and one where the jumper is off on the right hand side. The ones with NVRAM in middle seem to all blink with one power supply and the jumper off to the right version does not. So thinking its just a difference between the two types??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back