Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3 to Cisco GW Using PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaiello2000

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
We have having problem getting the D channel up on the Avaya. Been through the Cisco and Avaya docs. It should work, but the D channel does not come up.

We are using the TN464F card with a xover T1 cable. Has anyone done this type of config? Did you ave to use the A120 CSU and Avaya Cable?

Thanks,

Joe

Post your ds1 config and the cisco router config, I've done this before, I haven't had much luck doing it with MGCP, but as an H.323 gateway, Its worked out pretty good..

BuckWeet

The Cisco side is fine. The Avaya is not bringing up the D Channel. Been through Avaya, cisco and other docs. I only have jpegs of the screens for signaling group and and ds1. Not sure if I can attach them here.

Have you had to us ethe avaya cable and a120 CSU?

i just used a a120 and did a cat5 t1 x-over

send the screencaps to chrisccnp@hotmail.com

how do you know the avaya isn't bringing the d-channel up?

are you using an h.323 gateway config, or mgcp?

like i said, post the cisco config as well..

Thanks. I sent the jpegs. I cannot get the Cisco config as it is in another town. I can assure that it is OK. I have brought it up to other PBXs and it is fine. I also have a TPI PRI tester that confirms the D channel (layer 2) is not responding from the PBX.

I have also poosted this on There is some additional detail there.

The tech I am working with can run a diagnostic and see the D channel is not up.

By all accounts this should be working. We just determined that this cabinet used to be part of a three cabinet set. Cards and connections that used to be there are not. It also seems that the tech cannot remove some configuration because the cards that were originally there, are no longer there and have to be there to remove their config (ha ha :) ). I think that there is "old" config that is blocking the D channel, but what do I know, I am not the expert on Avaya.

Thanks!

Joe

Well for one, the way you have the DS1 setup, it is the user side..

Do you have the "isdn protocol-emulate network" paramete set on the cisco gateway?

The definity is expecting the clocking and network control to come from the cisco side..

And yes about the cards, that happens when there were translations on the card, and they removed teh physical card before removing all translations. Only way to fix it is to remote all translations, pop the card in, and pull it back out.

Do you know what version of definity it is that you are working on? if you do a 'list config soft' it'll tell you the version#..

Let me know

BuckWeet

Also, if you are using the A120 CSU you need to select 'integrated' on the csu option on the ds1 page..

I (The Cisco) have been both user and network side as has the Avaya.

About the clocking, Cisco docs say Avaya wants to provide clock. So I let them be clock. I did test both ways on the TPI pri tester. Right now, the Avaya is providing clocking.

I am told the PBX version is G3si V6.

If you want the AVAYA side to be the clock, you need to set it as "line-side" not "network

Looks like we need a TN765 Processor Interface to get the D channel up on the PRI.

We'll see if it works after getting that card.

What version of G3 and what circuit pack are you using?

I think it is version G3 R3 Version 6.

You means the Circuit pack card (TN778)? If so, there is not one.

Joe

Ahh, V6..

yea you need a processor interface for that.. I believe you have to use the TN767E DS1 boards as well..

BuckWeet

we have the TN464f DS1 V10

Is there a software release where you would not need one of these cards?

yea, i believe anything past R6 you don't need it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back