Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

g3 power supplies... How do you convert to 220v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We have a g3 switch that I must prepare for shipment to India. We run the switch on 110v, 60cycle, but India uses 220v, 50cycle.

I know that the power supply is modular, but do I need a different power supply, or is there a jumper to change, or a switch to set... ?????

You will net a 650A power supply. Also there are a number of boards that will not work in India. India, if I remember, follows the United Kingdom telephony standards. CO Trunk Boards, Analog Line Cards, TIE Trunk Cards, and possibly your tone clock will need to be changed. I suggest you get Avaya's help on this because if you don't do it right and have hardware in that switch that has not been type approved for India or the United Kingdom your company could be facing a stiff fine. I used to do type approval for Definity Audix and I worked with the switch people doing the same function and there are some countries that are very strict. I never worked with India but the United Kingdom, France and Austrailia were a pain.

I do not believe a domestic MCC cabinet with the 631DA1 and 631DB1 power supplies can be converted to a GMCC cabinet. The 649A has a different wiring arrangement on the plugs that connect at the front of the cabinet. The MCC cabinet has one (1) -48V source on the plug and the GMCC has two (2) -48V connection. The cabinets are different and can't be converted. Check you cabinet and look to see if the carriers have one or two power supplies. If they have two, usually are 631DA1 and 631DB1, this is a US model only.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back