Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

g++ omni ORB default compilation settings for cygwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

areza123

Programmer
Jul 4, 2002
IN
hi,
I am using g++ compiler on my cygwin environment. I tried making the simplest example 'echo' on omniORB 4. I use the command:

g++ -I D:\omniORB4\src\examples\echo -I D:\omniORB4\include eg2_impl.cc

I get the error(s)

D:/omniORB4/include/omnithread.h:162: #error "No implementation header file"
D:/omniORB4/include/omnithread.h:175: #error "Implementation header file incomplete"

I comment these lines from omniORB open source to get a new set of errors i.e the compilation complains breaks at

#ifndef _OMNIORB_HOST_BYTE_ORDER_
# error "The byte order of this platform is unknown"
#endif

in CORBA_sysdep_trade.h

My question(s) are:
-------------------
1. Does anybody have a standard batch file which I could use to build my eg2_impl.cc - if YES please pass it on.

2. Will it help if i install the make utility on cygwin environment ? More documentation / URL's please ?

Thanks

Hi
I'm sorry but can't be of real help, i've used only omniorbpy under win.
Anyway build from source could be a good idea, the makefile is alredy done and the instruction are quite clear; i suppose you did it, but did you ask to Duncan Grisby in omniorb forum on sourceforge?They've been very helpfull when i started to use it.
Regards
Vitellozzo

Thanks Vitellozzo,
I tried contacting Duncan Grisby. Apparently this developers group is moderated in a stringent manner. So far I could only apply for subscription and my subscription request is being enacted upon. Neverthless, the information was useful.

Merci!
areza123@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back