Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G/L Transaction Detail Report Stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

prog_0927

Programmer
Jan 3, 2022
US
Progression 7.9.310

We are having an issue with the G/L Detail Transaction report not fully opening when we do Print to File, we need the full file (not break it up) for audit. The report is 7MB, which I know is large but PDF only shows about 1/4 of what we need for the year when doing Print to Screen. Is there a buffer/size limit on the Print to Screen that can be adjusted? We show it downloads fine using the REPORTPAS parameter in Macola but can't find a way to view/save the file.

Any suggestions or has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks,

We are able to now print to screen and we have to go through hitting "Next" to get to the next batch of pages. However, it is limited to 10K pages and if you hit "Next" after that it goes to page 1 (overwriting the first page). Is there a way to increase that amount?

There is no report called "G/L Detail Transaction" in Macola. I suspect you are running the "Trial Balance Account Order" and selecting the detail option, or you are running the "G/L Transaction History by Account Number" and selecting the detail option.

Which is it? Because these reports use different tables.

Also please provide the number of records in the GLTRXFIL_SQL and GLTRXHST_SQL tables. If I have a sufficiently large enough database I can test this for you.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

Trial Balance is what we are running, sorry about that. We are getting a hard stop at 552 pages and I was told that we were able to run this for previous audits. The row count:
gltrxfil_sql = 1,617,559
gltrxhst_sql = 7,578,050

we were running it for all of 2022, show detail checked, defaults for the rest of the data (show summary, etc.).

Thank you,
Jessie

You are right about the 9,999 page limit. I have never encountered that before.

I would write a crystal report and export it to text or word and see what happens.

How many years are you running the report for? Can you break it down by year? If you want specific data that is less than 1.048 million records, we can likely help.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

We have been doing this way for a few years and everyone appears a bit confused by it as well. We are only running 1 x year at a time. I will try the CR and let you all know what happens. Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back