Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G/L Receipt Trx Inventory Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

prog_0927

Programmer
Jan 3, 2022
US
Progression 7.9.310

When you do a POP order and there is a trx against G/L, when you look at the Inventory Transaction History report it shows the account, debit and credit amount of the item going into Raw materials from WIP. What SQL table is that? I have looked in all the G/L tables I could find.

Thanks,

Material cost type/Location. IMTYPLOC_SQL. You should be aware that if there is no record in this table that matches the item's Material cost type/Location, Macola will get the accounts from IM setup.

So you are saying the issue aka backflush from POP is debiting and crediting the same account?

What about the POP receipt of the top level item? How does that entry look?

Lastly in POP setup, what is the create WIP flag set to? N, W or Y?

Macola and SAP Business One Consultant
Check out our Macola tools:

Thank you for the quick reply.
Yes, we are receipting the same account, sorry forgot to mention that. I am seeing the WIP flag is set to Y. We are creating the POP orders through Wisys grid and the order is going through okay and releasing the order is fine, it debits WIP and credits Raw Materials. However, when we close the order, we are not seeing the inventory come back in for a receipted item and there is no receipt transaction. Not sure what is causing it.

Where are the issue and receipt transactions for the G/L stored in SQL? I see the inventory trx for the item but not the credit/debit for it going from Raw Materials back to WIP.

Thanks,
Jessie

Thank you.

Unless I am looking at the wrong thring, I don't see the actual transactions in there, more of a setup table. We do the backflush in Macola but then when the POP is closed it credits the WIP account back from the Raw Materials if done in Macola but not in Wisys. We only create the POP orders with Wisys and Release and Close still through Macola which confuses me a bit more why it isn't working. Where would I find the transactions for those credits/debits?

My apologies, I thought you were asking where the debits and credit GL accounts come from.

All transactions are of course in the IMINVTRX_SQL table, nut the associated GL transaction is in the GLDISFIL_SQL.

So lets back up, what exactly is happening that you are not expecting? Is it the inventory transaction itself, or the GL effect of the transaction? Post sample data with both current and desired results. Tek-tips does not charge by the word so please explain as fully as you can.

Thanks again @dgillz!

We don't use the options under Macola and to account for this, we set the par_per_qty for the parts that are standard on the BOM and that needs removed to a -1. When a non-standard item (different part number) is added as an option, it issues it out at issue, we get an inventory transaction issuing one of the items crediting Raw Materials from WIP and then when the Prod Order is closed, we get a transaction that removes the item from Raw Materials and crediting WIP back. We do the Prod order creation (only) in Wisys and then it is Issued and Closed in Macola itself, which is where I would think this part of the transaction happens. Not sure what parameter/method in the Create POP order Wisys transaction would cause that to happen.

I assume you mean the field qty_per_par?

And you have this at -1?

And you are using features and options?

The most important question I asked went unanswered. What is the value in the create WIP flag in POP setup?

Please explain this statement:

Code:
When a non-standard item (different part number) is added as an option, it issues it out at issue, 
we get an inventory transaction issuing one of the items crediting Raw Materials from WIP

So are you getting a debit to WIP and a credit to raw? Or vice versa?

Normally a qty per of -1 is used for by byproducts, and the qty of that component will increase every time a parent item is increased.

If you'd like to reach out for a Zoom meeting please do, I think this might be hard to resolve within the confines of this forum.

Thanks for the reply.
Correct, qty_per_par and it set to -1. It is set to Y-issue components with G/L Distributions. It debits WIP and credits Raw on Release of the Production order. After order is issued and then closed it credits WIP back that amount and puts the -1 item back in the inventory with an inventory transaction. Not sure what on the creation of the POP order would cause the remaining steps to be different despite the Release, Issue, Close all being manual in Macola.

I'm still confused. A negative qty_per_par will increase the quantity on hand of the component at the same time the parent completion is reported.

So can you please explain what is not happening that you are expecting to happen?

Check with WiSys to confirm but I seem to recall their objects ignore the POP WIP flag. This would be easy enough to verify by testing an order and the resulting distributions using all of the processes in Macola.

Peter Shirley

Just an update, took a while to get the answer but Wisys does not support a negative BOM for the creation of POP orders.

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back