Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

!g CTRL+f10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohbe

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2001
US
We have had an ongoing problem where the FPW26 application will lock up during processing and display a message with something like

!g CTRL+F10,

Sometimes will also get message

Unable to Process "y"

In each case the system will be locked and after clicking on OK will get kicked out

Does this error mean anything to anybody -

Thanks,

Jean

Jean,
Nope, what does the distributor,supplier and/or developer of this software have to offer?

Ctrl+F10 was normally used to Maximize a Window, but the application could re-map this key combination to do anything.

Rick

We are the developer of the application. The error has nothing to do with mapping the key as we don't use that feature - also I could not find anything anywhere on this error yet I found this character string in the FOX2600.ESL file so it is a FOX generated error message.

J.

If I use the logic
!g = run g
therefore g must be a UDF, Executable, or Bat file.
Adding Ctrl+F10 to the end of it is sending a parameter to the that function/program/file.

Since the command is not run (g) "Ctrl+F10" we can rule out a FPW UDF. So it Sounds to me the program/file "g" does not know what to do with a parameter call and trying to process it as a logical. David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com

Has there been any new development on the cause/resolution of the !g CTRL+F10 error? I have been experiencing this error on W98, W2k and WXP machines with FoxPro 2.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back