Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FXS vs FXO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duaneness

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
US
Good day everyone. I am trying to connect an Avaya G3si v9.5 to a stand-alone FreePBX box, which will be used for voicemail only. I have a PRI T1 in place which mostly works - calls go to the correct mailbox, and messages are left. However I can't get MWI to work at all. I have tried a number of things, including two different Calista boxes, and nothing has worked.

So I'm thinking of switching over to an analog connection. I can get a 4-port analog card to replace the PRI T1 card, but I need to know which modules to put on it - FXS or FXO. I envision three ports used to answer calls, and one port used for MWI signalling. All would be connecting to a TN793CP. I think I need 3 FXS and one FXO, but I really don't know.

Can any of the gurus out there give me a shove in the right direction?

Thanks in advance -

- Duane

Is your PRI enabled with QSIG? If not, see if you can use QSIG for MWI. A PRI will almost always be better than an analog connection for both features and interoperability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back