Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FXO& route pattern= busy signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLHEC

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
US
when i configure a route pattern to exit my fxo card, it works. but when i attempt to dial digits following the connection i get a "phone has been off the cradle too long". so i have a route pattern for the number 9. i pick up a phone, enter 9, then i get dialtone. after i attemt to dial another 4 digits i get the warning sound. anyone have any ideas? the fxo line is provisioned by our telco guys as analog, but it is connected to a pbx. so i want to be able to dial a 9, then a 4 digit ext. what am i doing wrong?
thanks

this a ccm install or just routers?

Enter your dial-peers here..

this is a ccm install.

i have the fxo port configured with a DN of a voip phone for inbound calls(future i plan to have autoattendant) and i have a route plan for the fxo port, 9.@

Post your router config.

I suggest using MGCP if possible so you don't have to mess with dial-peers.

If you're getting an immediate fast busy then either the CM doesn't see the gateway as online or there is some issue with your route pattern etc.

Tom Bilan
TJBA, Inc.
CCNP, CCDP, MCSE & CNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back