Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FWD via intercept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali. Ibra

Programmer
May 1, 2021
SY
Hi for all panasonic people there.. Please can anyone clarify what is the difference between intercept call and fwd call, i have a customer that wanted to redirect his call to extension groub after 5 sec, so what i have to use fwd or intercept..?

You could use either in this case

Fwd can do all( straight away) busy (on busy)no answer ( not answered after 15 seconds by default). Or busy/ no answer. Which will forward on either state)

With intercept, you can do both too but main difference is the user can control the fwd with codes and can choose internal or external calls or both to intercept and the intercept is an admin controlled action.

So if you don’t want users to change it, use intercept

My friend obtsystems, thanks from my heart.
I know some feature in panasonic pbx, but it seems to me that you know a lot.. Thanks

But can i specify one trunk groub to intercept call from.. Or it just work by default with all trunk groub.. ie:
I just want to intercept call from trunk groub 1 can i do that..?

No, this can be done per group. I presume you are talking about incoming call group and not CO line groups

My senario like this.. I have 3 co line and all this co line came to ext101, i wantto intercept ONE of this co line - (co line 2)-after 5 second of ringing to ext 110, can i do that.

Hi my friemd obtsystems..! If i create 3 ICD groub 601/602/603 with the same member list - (in my case one number 101)- then from dil table i put the distination for CO1.. 601, CO2.. 602, Co3.. 603.then i pick the desired groub for co line that i want to intercept and set it as overflow no answer after 10 sec.. Now any call came to this co line will go to this groub then after 10 sec will transfer to a different ext. What is your opinion does this work..? Does overflow do the same fanction as intercept and fwd.

Ali. Ibra said:
If i create 3 ICD groub 601/602/603 with the same member list - (in my case one number 101)- then from dil table i put the distination for CO1.. 601, CO2.. 602, Co3.. 603.then i pick the desired groub for co line that i want to intercept and set it as overflow no answer after 10 sec.. Now any call came to this co line will go to this groub then after 10 sec will transfer to a different ext.

You can also add another Extension (110 in your case) to member list of correspondig group (602) without using overflow feature.

If your group has the "Ring" type of distribution method (default), both extensions in this group (101 and 110) will ring simultaneously or you can set a delay for one of them in "member list" settings.

If you don't need in simultaneous calling of several extensions you can change the distribution method of the group to "UCD" or "Priority hunting" and set the time of call redirection (from one group member to another) in "Miscellaneos" tab.
In that case extensions will ring one after another with redirection time defined.

Thank you very much Mr Ired, i really appreciate your method..👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back