Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fwd external calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeplehorns

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2006
GB
Hi there. I have a situation where I achieve the following:

I want an extension to receive and make internal calls only and any external call that is made to this extension to forward to a recorded Call Pilot msg.

I am able to call the CP number from this extension, I just cannot get it to forward all external calls.

What would be the best way to achieve this?

why not make that extention non-DID so it can not recieve external calls. Put a CLID on it that is a Call Pilot voice Mailbox, then you don't have forward nothing, just build a maxp 1 acd or phantom that has a mailbox on the system.

Mato' Was'aka

It depends on your dialing plan for the exact numbers to use, but basically make it a 5 digit DN. lets say your extension is now 4444 and you want it internal only, you make the dn 54444. Simple but make sure the new 5 digit range doesnt conflict.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

you know your did range right? so chg number on set to non-did w/ clid of did. The DID you remove, if they are use to calling it, go to ld 15 and chg NET data, say YES at CLID prompt, make a new one with that number (I.E, Entry 3) so, on the phoneset you would have the new non-did w/ clid you created
key 0 scr xxxx 3 (non-did number space 3) for the entry you created in ld 15. prt your current CLID in 21 to see what you have. Then, ld 23 new ACDN (the DID number) maxp 1 NCFW to voice mail. Make a mailbox. Done.

Mato' Was'aka

Hi.

Yeh we have many different number ranges on the cs1000 as we host a number of different tenants on it. Having read my original post it wasn't very clear so let me try again.

The situation we have is that we have a site that has office rooms for rent; if an occupant wants to use the phone they make a payment to our billing system and the phone set is unlocked (ncos 7/cls tld). Once their credit has run out or the occupant no longer requires the phone service we need to be able to lock the extension for external calls (in/out) they still can make calls internally.

We have been able to lock a phone set with a combination of ncos1/cls fr2 this work fine but the problem we have is that we have a CP recorded message that we want external calls (to locked sets) to be fwd to.

The locking and unlocking of the phone is a basic scripted process that is manually run by an operator so any settings need to be able to be scripted (we am using procom scripts).

Does this help?

If you have IDC turned on for the route, put the extension in the IDC table (LD 49) and point it to your CallPilot access DN. This will not affect internal calls.

Hi there CS1kfan, I take it I'd need to do this for each ext that I want to fwd?

Yes, but you can do them all at once. It keeps prompting you for another entry until you're through. Print your route to get the IDC table number.

LD 49
REQ: CHG
TYPE: IDC
DCNO: x (the IDC table number)
IDGT: xxxx (enter the extension)
xxxx: xxxx (enter the CallPilot access DN)
IDGT: return return (or enter another extension)

Mmm, thank's for the idea. I am a tad worried about letting ops loose on that the IDC table/list as I have a whole load of SIP routing for faxes in there. I'll try and knock a script together to do it.

Thanks again.

Steeple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back