Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FWD Busy does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebabe

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2003
US
I've set the FWD/DND to the voicemail extension but when a particular line is busy, the caller hears busy signal. The PBX is not directing the busy signal to the voicemail extension. I have programmed all phones 710 3 165. How can i direct all busy signals to VM?

Thanks.

I've done the Forward Busy/No Answer but the incoming call still hears busy signal. Apparently the incoming call is not directed to the voicemail system. For information, these phones all have direct lines.

AHH. I have explained this to so many of my customers, I have lost count. Here's the deal:

Think of phone lines as individual paths into your building. Well, if you are on a phone line, it is now a blocked path that issues a busy signal. There is no way for a outside caller to get into the building (which is where the VM is), unless you give everyone 2 lines with rollover, or get DID lines (requires the purchase of new, expensive equipment). A third option is to take everyone's private lines and make one large rollover, have the VM's Auto attendant answer all lines, and direct callers to individual extensions. A fourth option is to get VM boxes from your telephone service provider. They can re-route the busy signals to VM outside the building.

FYI: Those companies that you are trying to emulate that give out "direct lines", utilize the DID system.

You may not have enough voicemail ports that why you are getting a busy tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back