Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FW8 pop up menu in DW8

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdubz

Technical User
Apr 28, 2002
here's the ref page:

in dw8 when i preview (firefox) it looks great, when i rollover the items on the right, i get the nice little submenus to the right of it. (works in IE preview as well)
but when publishing to the webserver, it looks how you see it.

which clearly is wrong.

any advice? the navigation menu was created in FW8 and exported then imported to DW8.

thanks in advance.

jw

Check the paths to your server CSS files. Your IMPORT paths are probably right for your test server, but not for your actual site.

humor me, as i don't use css... which folder should they be in? or should i create a folder?

in my local folder i have the following folder trail:
site/images

on the server are the following folders...(hosted by godaddy)
site/images/php uploads/stats

or do i need to create a folder in both my local and host?

sorry for the nube'ish question.
best,
jw

okay, stop the presses on that one, i got it going... but they do sit in the root folder of both.

now... here's a question since you're so familiar with this the iknowla site now...

IF i want the submenu links to put specific pages into the box on the right (the blue one with the palm tree) i imagine i have to create the main page in frames... soooo... would i create the link code within fireworks or dw?

hope that made sense....
and thanks for the first tip, you're awsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back