Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FW on Contivity - Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedeb

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2003
US
I am looking at getting a Contivity 1740 for both VPN and FW. It seems to be a good VPN platform but how is it as a fw?

I know there are those that will say go with Alteon/Checkpoint, but that is probably overkill for our company. We only have 3 MB of internet BW and our FW setup is fairly simple. The only odd apps that it has to pass are VoIP and Video.

We are a Nortel phone dealer. Although we deal mostly with their phone equip. we can get pretty good discounts on their data equipment, so that puts Nortel in the serious consideration category.

Any thoughts from those of you with experience on their products?

I recently installed Contivity 1010's at all 52 of our campuses. We were already running a Contivity 2700 at our central office. The Contivity is a very effective firewall. It's also easy to configure.

The firewall is pretty easy to use. Seems to work very well. Logging is not great, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back