Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fuzzy Matching in Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick6366

Programmer
Feb 27, 2001
GB
We are developing a very basic financial system, which is required to hold multiple names and addresses of contacts for a client. Has anyone got any examples of code that will allow simple 3/4 character fuzzy matching analysis on Objects.

We are new to Java programming language and OO concepts and are embarking on our first real project after the 6 day course!. So any helpful tips, hints etc. would be gratefully appreciated along with any useful re-usable code or sites to visit with examples, please.

Hopefully they taught you some UML on the course and discussed design patterns. Solid OO design will make life a lot easier in the long run (and probably the short run too) as it is all too easy to start writing Java programs as if they were your in old programming paradigm.

I am building up some useful Java resources @
Check out the rest of the site if you want any professional help. My home ----> My company ->

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back