Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fuzzy eps files -- will they print okay at service bureau

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazzystar

Technical User
Jan 7, 2002
CA
Hey there,
I am new to Quark so my apologies for what may be a silly question.

I have imported 300 dpi CMYK photos as eps files from Photoshop into Quark. They view onscreen and print out on my little Epson 740 as very choppy pixellated images. Just wondering if they will print out okay once taken to a proper print shop to be offset.

are you changing the % (size) of the photo in quark
ex 2x2 image at 300 dpi placed @ 100%
to 8.5 x 11 pitcher box placed @ 600%
this will not work
Greg

K & G Design
kgdesign@warwick.net

Hey there,
Thanks for the input. Actually all my photos were brought into Quark at 100% and kept that way.

I just went to the print shop today and turns out it was just a matter of me not having a post script printer. They turned out just fine at the print shop on their laser printer. All's well that ends well --- $20 later.

Chalk it up to a learning experience I guess.

You will need a postscript rip for the images to appear ok on your printer. If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

One thing you could try is the Adobe PressReady program, which acts as a PostScript RIP for many of the popular inkjet printers. For not a lot of $, it gives you very nice PostScript plus improved color control.

Downside is that Adobe has decided not to continue development of this product, for some reaon. Still, it works fine so far.

or creat a PDF form Distilling a PS file and print the PDF
I belive that work too Greg

K & G Design
kgdesign@warwick.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back