Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Future Dated Price Lists - Not Sale Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetbluau

Programmer
May 25, 2010
AU
Ideas Anyone?

I would like to set up a new price list, load it into Accpac and then have it come into action at a given date WITHOUT using Sale Price and any third-party application and without user intervention. For example:

I have ITEM A on LIST pricelist at 1.05. Pricelist LIST is default for many customers. In two weeks time, ITEM A will change to a sell price 1.10 and what I would like is to add another BASE price to the pricelist LIST for ITEM A that only comes into force at the given date. Is there any way.

I know we can set up SALE price, but I want to keep that free for SALE pricing, not a future dated BASE price. Can it be done?

Some other systems I have worked with make this possible, but I don't see a way in Accpac 5.6 PU1 MS SQL.

Thank you.

RJ

There is no automatic way, but there is a manual process you can follow.
Setup a new price list (say B) and copy the existing price list into B. Update the prices in B to what you want them to be on the future date.
Copy B to the existing price list on the date that the change is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back