Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Funtions on Menu bar are disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin2569

Programmer
Dec 22, 2007
AU
I created a database at home and copy it to our office network server. When I open it, everything is fine except some of the functions on the menu bar are disabled such as ScriptMaker, File Reference, Accounts & Privileges ... I cannot modify the file, how to turn on the functions again?

Thanks a million.

Regards,
Kevin

Sounds like you are opening your hosted version with different security credentials.

-Striker

Thanks, TStriker

In the account and privileges, I set to Admin with full acess privileges. It should allow me to modify the file in any computer, right?

Kevin,

Hi - what account is being used when the copied file is being opened? Is the Admin account being used or is another account being used in place of your Admin account? You could try holding the Shift key while you open the copied file - this would allow you to specify an account.

Doc Tree

You said copy...

Check the attributes of the file on OS level.

The Archive has to be checked.
Probably the attribute is set to Read Only.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back