Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Funny typos you have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLSister

Programmer
Jun 18, 2002
US
Today I was IMing a co-worker about an issue, he told me he'd get back to me after lunch. I meant to reply:
I'm off to lunch myself.
I actually typed:
I'm off to lynch myself.

Questions about posting. See faq183-874

[ROFL]

I hope it didn't go too bad. Leftovers day, hu? [wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Kinda left you hanging or tied up?

Mebe you were tarred (in need of sleep)?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Reminds me of the corporate holiday greeting card I received several years ago (one of about 8,000 cards sent out without careful proof reading:
May you have a Happy and Enjoyable Holiday Season.

Steve Edwards
Pubic Relations Department
I wondered what kind of résumé someone needed for a job in that department.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

A local optician, under new management, has a large, professionally produced sign in their window "Formally XXX Opticians"

A colleague did ask their receptionist if that was how she should write to them, she got a completely blank look.

Rosie
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." Richard Feynman

...Then there is the time that the guy at work had a stack of pages to photocopy, so he dropped the pages in the auto-feeder and pressed the [Start] button. Part-way through the job, the copier quit because he had not noticed that he had left a pen between two of the pages. The pen jammed the copier, and he could not fix it.

So no one else would try to use the copier until the technician arrived, he left the self-explanatory note...
DO NOT USE COPIER
PEN IS JAMMED
IN SHEET FEEDER
Problem was that he left no room between the "N" and the "I", so people started demanding that the copier be disinfected along with its being repaired.

[santa]Mufasa

<re-read several times>

Santa said:
he left no room between the "N" and the "I"

Hours later.....

[rofl]

Chris

Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?
- Stephen Wright

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!11!!!

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
Pity the insomniac dyslexic agnostic. He stays up all night, wondering if there really is a dog.

I may well have recounted this before, but an ex-colleague once wrote an email to our then boss complaining that his hard dick was malfunctioning. And this in the days before Niagra ;-)

I want to be good, is that not enough?

In high school, my freshman typing teacher had a list of needed supplies on the chalk board, which included 1 floppy disk. Only she spelled disk with a "C" instead of an "S".

Not a typo but this ad definitely needed some clarification.

Someone advertised for "strippers wanted" and only included a phone number. The phone number was called frequently by exotic dancers but the "stripper" position was actually posted by a company doing furniture restoration, specializing in furniture that had been painted.

Hi,
I once received a form that asked for a persons 'disability' ( I worked at the time for a civil rights agency that investigated disability discrimination in employment), and the complainant listed
'Soft Disk',
but a typo turned that into a condition needing that purple pill to fix...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

My work's newsletter once had an article titled Rape Advocacy Volunteers Needed. I imagine they're looking for volunteers because there is such a low number of people advocating it?

It's just a missing word: Rape Victim Advocacy Volunteers Needed!

Heh.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

So they would be looking for volunteers to advocate rape victims?

Um...

< M!ke >
Acupuncture Development: a jab well done.

Santa said:
DO NOT USE COPIER
PEN IS JAMMED
IN SHEET FEEDER

Problem was that he left no room between the "N" and the "I", so people started demanding that the copier be disinfected along with its being repaired.

Reminds me of all those wonderful Celebrity Jeopardy skits on Saturday Night Live (I found them on the internet years later)...

The Pen is
Mightier

Therapist

Where 'Sean Connery' ommitted or inserted spaces in the categories ;-p

Have a problem with my spelling or grammar? Please refer all complaints to my English teacher:
Ralphy "Me fail English? That's unpossible." Wiggum

Philhege said:
"Well, yes, Alex, it is mightier than the sword."
Right, don't go to war without it.

[santa]Mufasa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back