Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Funny problem & where do I find log file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r2d22y

Technical User
Nov 30, 2004
SE
Hello

I have a funny problem....

Earlier I had an asterisk (A1) connected to a CCM and it worked very good. Later on I had to switch machine and installed a new asterisk A2 that is connected to the same CCM as mentioned earlier. The CCM is the one I had when I was using A1 the only thing I have changed is the IP-addres of my asterisk (in SIP-trunk settings)....

To the funny thing I can dial and create a call but there is one way speech. No firewalls are between them and I havent changed any RTP-ports settings. If I speak in CCM phone I can hear in SIP-phone but if I speak in SIP-phone I dont hear anything in CCM-phone

If I do a trace with ethereal I can see that the SIP-INVITE message is responded with an OK so everything should be ok....I really cant figure this out so I would be really glad if someone could give me som advice what to do?

Where do I find:
1) call trace in CCM
2) occured errors in CCM

Thansk!

Regards/D_S

More often than not, one way audio is a routing issue. Since the only thing that changed is the IP address, I'd start there. Make sure the PHONES can reach each other since this is the audio path.

Hello

Thnaks but...

They can find eachother...

If I dial from CCM-phone to SIP-phone => I can speak/hear both directions...
If I dial from SIP-phone to CCM-phone => I can hear in SIP-phone what is said in CCM-phone but I cant hear anything in my SIP-phone...

Greatful for help....

Regards/D_S

---- Wrong -----------
If I dial from SIP-phone to CCM-phone => I can hear in SIP-phone what is said in CCM-phone but I cant hear anything in my SIP-phone...
----------------------

I ment:
If I dial from SIP-phone to CCM-phone => I can hear in SIP-phone what is said in CCM-phone but I cant hear anything in my CCM-phone

/D_S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back