Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fundamentals of IoT security. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2003
US

Right now there are more than 6.4 billion internet-of-things (IoT) devices, according to Gartner research. Cisco estimates this total could rise to 50 billion within the next five years.

The trouble starts with the fact that only 36 percent of businesses actually have a strategy for managing IoT devices, and last year there was a 156 percent increase in the rise of cyber attacks against IoT....

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

The term we're using is SoT, Security of Things.

I think Protection of Things, POT would be better. It would make people sit up and notice, anyway. [pipe]

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

I realize this is old, but thanks for sharing. I need to find some time to read into this.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

All you gotta do is put the used food back in the horse....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back