Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

function problem - need help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBechmann

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2006
US
Hey guys,

i got problem with my FileMaker Pro8,

Problem:

I got four fields (all in the same shield),
three of this fields shows different dates, they are named "Milestone1", "Milestone2" "Milestone3" !

The last field called "Next Milestone" should automticly show the earliest date of the three dates.

I tried if functions and case functions and other stuff, but nothing works, I hope someone can help me.

Regars Daniel

Sorry about my English

We know that FM uses a nummeric value for dates, only for showing it will be no numbers.

With this in mind you know that the value in "Milestone1", "Milestone2" "Milestone3" are numbers.

When "Next Milestone" should automticaly show the earliest date of the three dates, you want the min value of the 3 given fields.

Make Next Milestone a calculation field, result date with a calculation along these lines:

Min(Milestone1;Milestone2;Milestone3)

The function will put the lowest value of the 3 fields in Nest Milestone, the result date of the calculation will show the value as a date.

HTH

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back