Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Function Not Available???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelloshot1

Technical User
Aug 5, 2001
US
Hi all,
I have a "small" problem that I hope someone can help me with.

I'm running and access '97 application on windows 95. I discovered that some of the queries that the program ran were too "complicated" unless the full version (not typical install) was installed on all the machines using it. Everything is working wonderfully now.

Until....our computer department started upgrading to new computers. I am now facing an error message that goes something like this...
Function in expression....not available.
The expression is as follows:

Between Date() And DateAdd("h",-48,Date())

The expression is in the Date field of a query that runs a report for the last 48 hours. As I stated, it was working, but is not now with the new machines.

Also having a problem with a control on a form & several reports that formats the date that's entered on another form.
=Format([Forms]![Myform]![MyDate],"mmmm","dd","yyyy")
As with the other expression, was working fine, now it gives us "#Name?".

I tried to re-install Access, thinking that was the problem. It wasn't. The new machines are running windows '98, but still running Office '97, full/custome installation. The "old" machines are still running everything just ducky, so I know it's not the application that's screwy....

Any thoughts or work around would be helpfull.

Thanks,
JelloShot :p

Your problem is easy to solve. It is commonly called a "reference problem". Open (or create a new) a module. Go to Tools... References... (note if any are marked missing) Select an unmarked reference and close the module (you don't need to save it). Close and reopen the database. Go back to References... and un check the one you checked earlier. Close the module (again, you don't need to save) and try performing the action that failed earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back