Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Function module in backround task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am executing function module in background task. Is it any ways for me stop at user exit breakpoint, which I set in the program. I can step through function module but all the other breakpoint, which I set is skipped. My function module is calling transaction VA02 that changes the sales order. After that it?s going to one of the user exit programs but when I put a breakpoint in user exit it?s not stopping there no matters want I do.

I hope that in user exits , the breakpoint ie debugger wont support. I have tested in field-exit creation.Ie Try to put a breakpoint at the fieldexit function module and also i know that u cannot call any transaction from that exit and cannot use leaveto statement.

regards

Hai,

Actually the breakpoint which i specified in field exit is not working.. Following is the runtime error when i try to use the call transaction statement in thh field exit function module.

regards,
raja

The program was probably called in a conversion exit
or in a field exit. These are implemented by
function modules called CONVERSION_EXIT_xxxxx_INPUT/OUTPUT or
USER_EXIT_xxxxx_INPUT.
Conversion exits are triggered during screen field transports or
WRITE statements, field exits during field transports from the
screen to the ABAP/4 program.
In this connection, the following ABAP/4 statements are not allowed:

- CALL SCREEN
- CALL DIALOG