Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

function call starting point 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich8541

Technical User
Dec 10, 2010
US
Hello, is there a way to determine where a function is being called from, that is, the calling procedure. I know I could do a search for the function name but I was looking for a better way.
Regards, Jim G.

Usually the function is established to be called from many different procedures.

The best way - I know of - to find all those places in the code is to use [link MZTools.com]MZTools[/url]

Have fun.

---- Andy

Or, from the VBA screen, click on the Find button.

Randy

You can use the call stack window to see where the current sub or function was called from. By clicking on the caller function, it will take you to where the current sub/function was called from.

Hoe are ya Rich8541 . . .

In parallel with [blue]Andrzejek[/blue] get MZ-Tools and be done with it. The tools are loaded with alot of other good stuff you'll need.

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Great Info, Thanks. I'm trying the MZ-Tools right now.
Regards, Jim G.

Rich8541 . . .

In fact ... on the MZ-Tools toolbar (far left) there's a Procedure Callers button. This opens a window and shows everywhere the procedure is called from (cursor is in the procedure in question). I use it all the time [thumbsup2]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back