Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FULL TEXT SEARCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksbrace

Programmer
May 13, 2000
US
Hello,
I had installed sql server 2k a while back w/out Full Text option. I wanted to add it, so I put in the sql server cd and went through the steps to add/remove components. It said it was successful. It's not listed under Support Services. I rebooted, hoping that would solve the issue. It didn't. Is there a known bug about adding full text search capabilities after sql server is installed? Thanks in advance!

Well this is not an answer, but an addition. Just jumping in on your post, ksbrace.

I too am having problems getting full text indexing installed. Installed the sql server without it, and now I need it up and running for a project. However, the option in Enterprise Manager to turn it on is greyed out, and when searching for mssearch.exe (which is needed for full text indexing to work) i find nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? Please post a solution if you have one. Thanks.

- skurpyun

I have same problem here, do you guys solve this problem? If so can you post how did you solve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back