Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full text search ignore words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri123456

Programmer
Jan 3, 2002
CA
Hey,

We have a requirement for a search but the phrase exists in all emails

For example

We want to search for "test", but every email has "test" in the signature. The pattern in the signature is something like

test
t. 555.555.5555

so I want to ignore test @newline t. (or remove spaces and ignore "testt.")

Is there a way to ignore phrases in the full text search in Lotus ?

Maybe this link will help you out.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Thanks for providing the link. The problem is that if I add an option to exclude the signature text then I will be excluding all emails erroneously. I need a statement that would ignore the signature text.

The only thing I see is using NOT on the signature text, enclosed in quotes.

It's a Full Text search. Even if you only look in the Body field, it will look over all text in that field unless you specifically indicate text that it should ignore.

You could code something in LotusScript that would look over body text and only take the part before the signature text. Might be worth thinking about.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back