Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full Reading of catalog files - File/path information

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyDude

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2003
US
There are no reports in Backup Exec 10d that fit my need. My boss wants a printout of all FILES that were backed two nights ago for DR purposes. I need to read all the catalog files for a certain date and print out the file/path information. I can query from the restore menu, but can only get 10000 entries and can not print it. I understand this printout will be massive, but I need to way to read the catalog files (.fh and .img) to create this list. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Ever since Symantec bought Veritas, I can't seem to find anything on their support site.

How long does the catdump process usually take?

Is there a cmd prompt that allows copy and paste functions?

Thanks.

take a matter of seconds. You can output this to a txt file then its up to you for the rest.

The job was continuing to run for minutes. So I pressed "Ctrl-Break" and read the txt file created. It was waiting for me to answer the question, "Do you want to print the file history? {Y/N]" So I ran the job again and pressed "Y". Then it took the seconds you described.

I created a BAT file to send the Copy and Paste info to, so I didn't have to meticulously type the letters and numbers of the .img files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back