Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full Duplex Handsfree IP desk phone availabilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobertb

Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
US
Do any of the IP phones available for CS1000 specifically support Full Duplex Handsfree?

I know that Polycomm makes a conference phone that is made for Nortel/Meridian that are full duplex, but I thought all the ip set where full duplex as well. And if I'm wrong - I haven't had any complaints with the 1100's and 1200's.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Look at the Nortel / Avaya 2033, a UNIISTIM IP conference phone for the CS1000, CS2000, and BCM series. They are designed by Polycom, but Nortel provided the UNISTIM portions of the firmware to make it communicate with the Nortel solutions. They have great sound quality. I currently have about 50 of them deployed, distributed in most of our conference rooms across the globe.

The only issue I've seem with them is the display gets a little funky after a several months of use, but a reboot will clear that. (It's due to a firmware glitch. A firmware upgrade should correct our problem, but our service provider will not support the upgrade.)

==================================
<INSERT SIGNATURE HERE>

Thanks guys.
The customer needs a "desk phone" any doesn't like the idea of a Ploycom on his desk.

I'm now trying to get Avaya to state that the 1100 & 1200 series set are in fact Full Duplex handsfree or.
This all has to do with the customer who wants to be reassured the phones he bus meets this criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back