Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full admin rights in a trusted NT 4 domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalapeno

MIS
Nov 12, 2001
US
This is a question I've never been able to answer for myself through years of MS domain administration. I've never been able to get it to work through any trust. So, for all the people that are smarter than me (most of you, I presume) please answer this.

I have 2 domains. One is a Windows 2003 domain. The other is an NT 4.0 domain. There is a 2 way trust set up. Everything is working correctly. I am an enterprise administrator and a domain administrator of the 2003 domain. I also have a user ID on the NT 4.0 domain that is a domain admin. However, I want my 2003 user to be a full administrator of the NT domain as well. I've put the 2003 user into the administrators group of the NT domain. I can now do all administration tasks on the domain controllers. However, I do not have administrative access on the desktops or member servers in that domain, only user access. How can I set up permissions for my 2003 user so that it can have the full power of a domain administrator in the NT domain? I would like to do this centrally. We have way too many machines to do it on an individual server/desktop basis.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back