Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujitsu PBX Configuration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwnorth

MIS
Mar 24, 2009
US
We have replaced the Fujitsu R9600US model PBX at one of our sites with VoIP. We would like to use the PBX as a single cabinet rather than the two cabinet PBX that was originally set up. Our manuals cover the XL, M, MS, ES, and VS model units. I don't have a manual for the US. I need to know what programming changes need to be made to run the US PBX as a single cabinet unit. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I looked online for documentation on the US PBX and found none.

Thanks for any assistance provided.

GWNorth

Delete all of the programming related to the second cabinet.
IE Delete any phones, trunks, etc that are in the second cabinet. The EN would start with 0008. Delete the packages that are installed. (DEl PKG). Delete the shelf. (DEL SHF)
Save changes. Power down the cabinets. Pull the BNWU0B locate SW00 (how many cabinets). Turn dip swith 2 off. Re-insert the BNWU0B. Remove the two cables that connect to second cabinet. One is a backplane cable, the other is connected to the BNWU0B/BEXT. Double check your connections and power the system back on.

Is there something special I need to know about the F9600 US model PBX? I'm trying to install a PRI card in the machine, and create a Trunk Group for it. I used exactly the same command, and filled the appropriate fields with the same values that I used with our MS PBX. I can successfully program PRI line trunk groups B & D withoout probles in the MS PBX, but not in the US PBX.

Any hellp would be appreciated.

G.W. North

Programming is identicle accross all of the platforms.
The only difference with the smaller systems (US and LE) is which card slots were available. What is the error code you get when you build the trunk group?
Also note that ISDN trunk groups have an extra command. You'll build the two TG for B/D then use ASS ISTRK to assign the D channel, then again to build the B channels; the D channel, only specify the D channel TG, EN, Master or slave and protocol. The B channels, only specify the B channel TG, the D channel EN, the DID type(usually 3) and the start / end B channel ENs.

Mike O'Neil

There is extra cost software to enable ISDN, you may not have that in your US switch.

Dis Soft will tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back