Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 Intel 82567LM Defective onboard nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxr

MIS
Aug 4, 2005
US
I hate to bash vendors, But Let me start out by saying Fujitsu has been pretty reliable for the most part.
We have about 1000 of these tablet and all of a sudden we are having a record number of the on board nics fail. The nics are getting power and we are able to ping but nothing above layer three. This would normally point me to the OS which is XP sp 3.But if i try a winpe using the vista load as well as the MS
Dart 5.0 I get the same results. I just want to save everyone some time if you should run across this. For every 250 machines we are averaging about a 25% failure. We have a Fujitsu rep coming on site as we have over 15k of these types of machine in our Org globally. If anyone else is having these types of issues please reply to this post.

Thanks

We are also experiencing the same issue. Did you ever receive a resolution to your problem? I have contacted Fujitsu but they don't acknowledge that there is a widespread problem.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back