Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujitsu F9600 w/ Centigram Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

saveasnew

MIS
Feb 13, 2003
US
Our company has many Fujitsu F9600 w/ an integrated Centigram Voicemail system. We used to remotely login to this voicemail server using ProComm Plus. For some reason this feature stopped working. I found out somebody tried to dial into the voicemail server using hyperterminal, which did not work. Now we cannot login remotely using ProComm. We can connect, but there is never any login prompt. The modem is sending the data, but nothing is being returned. No login prompt or anything. Any ideas???

ProComm may need to be set to Half duplex to get the prompt. Under Options > DataOptions > Advanced change Duplex from Full to Half and see if that does the trick.

My recollction is that the Centigram also only used software flow control... if you haven't already, after connecting, try hitting a CTRL-Q or CTRL-S to see if the screen changes or starts to display.

The one I used to administer (in a past life) had so many problems on the physical port the modem was connected to that we finally attached the modem to the 'termainl' port and used an a/b switchbox between the on-site terminal and the modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back