Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujitsu 9600 and E630 Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozphonebloke

Technical User
Feb 25, 2017
AU
ey Brains Trust,

I know these things are all end of life, but i'm working on maintaining some Fujitsu PABXs in my phone collection and future museum.

We have several F620 (9600S) and F640 (9600M) PABXs plus one E630 PABX.

F620

To have a reasonably 'tricked out' F620 wont be too difficult. A couple we have were fully provisioned with cards and one had Voicemail and DID. The licensing is contained on the Eproms on the Memory Cards, but I think from what we have, we can make something reasonable to be maintained for another 30 years.

F640

Concerned about the F640. We don't have that much software and for those not in the know, the licensing was pre-loaded in Japan onto two sets of floppy disks (one to use booting up and running the machine and a second set as a back-up if those failed). The licencing is contained within that software on those disks, so if they fail or are missing – no F640. We have one set of disks that are allegedly licensed for a four shelf/cabinet/magazine system. The others are all only licensed for smaller PABXs and none of the disks we have are anywhere close to 'fully optioned'.

E630

We only have one E630, the licensing of which is contained on Eproms on the Memory card. This one had ISDN, so we should be able to make something of that with some interconnections through and MD110.

We have had some generous benefactors who have given us their unwanted Fujitsu parts now that these are end of life. We have another legend who is looking to sell us some of his E630 parts as well.

Questions are:

Has anyone had any luck replicating/copying/backing-up the 9600M software? Although they are just standard 3.5inch floppy disks, I have been told by a couple of sources that they have tried to copy with disks without any luck, which did make me wonder if the disks are not in a standard format (windows / DOS) but something different?

If they are a different format does anyone have any suggestions about how we might be able to duplicate/backup/clone the disks with their own formatting?

Are there any sources for 9600 Software or E630 Eproms?

Thanks everyone,

Ozphonebloke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back