Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FtpRcvMsgAll command in Gentran result in error No recipient specified

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC2003

MIS
Aug 22, 2003
CA
Hi,

we use Gentran and SAP for our EDI and since monday we experience the following problem : When the FTP collection script start it use the FtpRcvMsgAll command to retreive IDOC from SAP and I get this error message:

ERROR: MessAddRecipient returned 8
ERROR: No recipients specified

It seems like my IDOC format didnt change, is ther a segment that could be wrong ? Thanks for your help, brand new to Gentran.

You have not specified where you want the communications mailbox to send the message. I will assume that this is inbound edi data. You will need to go to:

Gentran Server:Mailbox>Mailboxes. Right click on your mailbox and click properties. Go to the Gateway tab and click configure. Click on Defaults and Edit Recipients. Highlight the Gentran Application, and click To. The Gentran Application mailbox should now be on the right. Click OK. In the message Defaults screen, you should have Application/EDI in the content type for both attachments and messages. Click ok until you are back in the main mailbox screen and retest your communication session.

d

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer, It did solve my problem. Now I have to free up some disk space because my processes are hanging.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back