Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ftp with php

Status
Not open for further replies.

roamer762

MIS
Aug 16, 2002
MT
Hello,

I have a directory on a server on which pdf files are being saved daily.
I am using the following command to view contents in directory and files, however when i try to open the pdf file, internet explorer 6 tries to open it in a different window and ends up without an error page. However when one uses the internet explorer 5 i can view the pdf file without any problems. Also does one have any idea why this does not work when using netscape?
<a href=&quot;ftp://username:passwd@ip/home/prod/temperature&quot;>PDF files </a>

Under the temperature dir i have 2 directories yr2002 and yr2003. I can see both directories and open them ....i can also see the pdf files found under the directories but when i try to open them i have the error since the internet explorer 6 tries to open them in another window .Any suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back