Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPG42

Programmer
Jan 7, 2005
US
Hi All,

I have an FTP transfer program that works fine on my primary computer, but doesn't work on the secondary.

I keep getting an "Err: 6" message.

Is there something I need to change or have MIS change?

Thanks for the suggestions,

RPG

FYI to anybody who should have a similar problem in the future: the firewall client wasn't configured correctly on the secondary machine.

Is this a program you're writing? Is the second computer you're running it on also a development computer, or an end user? If it's an end user, did you package the program for deployment and run the installation program or just copy the executable? Have you tried to debug the error? What role does your MIS have in this program? Can you post the snippet of code that that relates to the functions that cause the error?

No offense is intended, but perhaps with some of these answers it will be possible to determine the cause of the problem.

Jim Schuuz
{ F1 = my.friend
}

Good I'm glad it was an obvious fix for you then.

Jim Schuuz
{ F1 = my.friend
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back