Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Trouble Shooting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPG42

Programmer
Jan 7, 2005
US
Hi,

I have an FTP program that's suddenly not working. My MIS says that everything is fine, but I suspect something was changed that he's overlooked.

We still receive FTP data from the parent company, but when I try to connect I get a return value of "0" which throws the program into an error loop.

I'm using the wininet.dll way of sending data.

Thanks,

RPG

Always distrust your MIS... they likely "secured" something.

Try doing a manual walk-thru of the entire FTP session from the command prompt.

Try to connect to the FTP site with an "external" (to your app) FTP program, such as WS FTP and see if you can connect. That should help you determine if the problem is in your app or not.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Thanks all. My MIS is an ace. Totally broke the mold, but we're migrating servers, so sometimes things are missed.

Anyway, jebenson's suggestion helped.

Turns out the home office switched servers, too, and for some reason our username was left off.

I really appreciate your help.

RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back