Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP to web server, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hello,

I've found this activeX component to assist with uploading files to a webserver...

However there is a line here
Code:
upload.Path = "/receiveUpload.asp"

I don't quite understand, I thought after running the activeX MSI installer on the server, I used this code to up load files.

So what is this receiveUpload.asp ? what does that do, how do I create it, where do I put it and why is it needed?

Thanks,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

It's ok wroked it out.

You need this bit to 'recieve' files to the webserver..

However that just means the form to send the file uses the standard MIME encoded HTTP protocol, which I cannot use as the files are too big!

Does anyone know how to do it using the FTP protocol or the clients machine inet.dll or similar?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back