Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP to VVAL Board on G700

Status
Not open for further replies.

phvoice

MIS
Mar 24, 2004
US
From searching the posts I know that you can administer announcments on this board via VAL Manager. Does anyone know if it is possible to FTP the files to this board, and can you please list the steps required?

Thank you !!!

Yes, that is possible:

on SAT, you need to enable the file- system of the VAL- board you are going to FTP to:

enable filesystem board <boardlocation> login <ftplogin> <ftppassword>

then go to your FTP- client and upload the WAV- file into the root- directory of the board, using the login/pw you have set up before, make sure you use a binary transfer.

After the file/files have been ftp’ed onto the board, disable the file system

disable filesystem board <boardlocation>

regards,

Frank

Frank,

Thank you for the repsonse. I have gotten to this point, but what I don't know and can't find in documentation is what IP address do you use for the vval board? I have not been able to set an IP address for the board in ASA.

I have tried using the 192.11 services Ip address of the S8300, and the lan IP addresses set for the S8300 and G700.

Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,
Pat

My VAL- boards have a dedicated IP address that I am using. Do you have your VAL- boards connected to the LAN? If you do a LIST NODE-NAMES you should get a list of everything that has an IP- address (incl. the IP-address)

Regards,
Frank

Frank,

Thank you again for the help. I have been able to do a change node-names and add an IP Address that I would like to associate with the VVAL board. Unfortunately I when I try to add it as an IP-Interface it tells me the circuit pack is the wrong type.

Is their a different way to do this for the built VAL board versus the TN2501?

Thanks,
Pat

I think you need to use the ip address set on the media-gateway screen. change media-gateway 1 , use the ip-addres in the top right.

After reading skara's post on this I went back to trying to connect through the G700 MGP IP Address. Which is what I believe they were referring to in getting the IP address off the Media Gateway screen.

I had tried this before, but on the second try I was successful. I have found my FTP program acts a little flaky. I have done this successfully on three different systems now.

Thank you all for help on this. Sorry for the late follow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back