Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ftp to val problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsontec

Technical User
Apr 1, 2001
HK
Hi
I have new install G700 with s8300. Software is cm3.0.1.
Announcement is use embedded announcement. After recorded a announcement and want to backup . When I enable filexfer function on broad 1v9 and give login anme ,password.

But When I using I.E. browser call ftp to mgp ip address . It doesn't.

Anybody can have any idea to use ftp connect embedded val announcement.

Am i setting wrong ?

Thank anybody

wilsontec,

try to access mgp ip address using standard command line ftp client. open a command line window (dos window) and type 'ftp x.x.x.x' where x.x.x.x is the ip address of your mgp. if it prompts you for login name, everything's ok. if it just say 'connected' and waits, try to disable and re-enable filexfer.

Thanks dwalin

I am try on next monday. Have you try before ?

Am I need to add datamodule for embedded announcement ?

wilsontec,

yes i tried it and not one time, it should work. you don't need data modules or anything else for embedded announcement. if you have set it up on the media-gateway screen and enabled it with 'enable announcement xxv9' command, it should work. if you already recorded an announcement, then you definitely done this. so you need only to enable filexfer and ftp to it. ah, remembered a trick! don't enable 'secure' tick on the enable filexfer screen. if you have it set to 'y', it means that sftp (secure ftp) should be used instead of plain ftp, and mgp doesn't support sftp yet so you'd have what you have now: enabled filexfer and no connection. i think i hit the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back