Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP site issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

abostonma7

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2007
US
Hi Guys,

I have faced with a very annoying issue. The hard drive that hosts a FTP site got full, I had to move some folders to the new drive, restored the permissions, modified the profile path so it brings them thio the right location, but they still cannot view them. Any help?

What do you mean by profile path? Are you saying you went into IIS and reconfigured the FTP site to point to your new directory??? Are you allowing anonymous access and does your IUSR_blah account have rights to the new folder?

Hi chipk,
I meant that I modified the users local path(if you right click on a user account choose properties, profile, ...). What happened was I created another vitual directory for the new location on the same FTP site (default FTP site) (I tried to create additional site, but it says that two sites cannot run at the same time). I verified that IUSR_ account has rights to the new folder, also we cannot let anonymous users access the folders (I specified some user groups that can). Is there anything elese I want to check? Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back