Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhughesiii

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2004
US
I am running a Windows 2K machine using IIS 5.0 for an FTP server where users can access PDF files via a hyperlink on a webpage... My problem is this... every so often I get a call saying that the files cannot be accessed. When I look at IIS, the FTP Server has stopped... anybody have any clue as to why this is and how to keep it from happening?

Is anon access turned on? you might have gotten tagged by warez people and might have a virus. Good friend had that happen, services would just stop, every 15 minutes. Turns out the server, he inherited, had gotten tagged and infected.

Thanks for your advice, however I am sure its not infected... Been through that all day last week on Wednesday....How though could I find out if I have been tagged?

Did you check your FTP log in the System32 folder? If you know the time when it happened, you can check to see what the IIS code for that session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back