Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP SERVER ON WIN2K ADV SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlcroom

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I'm having a problem getting an FTP server running on Win2K advanced server. In our company, we have 1 machine running Win2k adv. server used as an image server and storage. We also have another machine , also running Win2k adv.server as database and file server. They are identical, built by me, with 512 MB memory, 3-120 GIG drives in each and both have 2 NICs( internal LAN and internet) Approx. 25 Win2K workstations access these 2 servers. Trying to setup an FTP server on the image server, I get error - cannot open port 21. I have tried using 2 different FTP server programs, Filezilla server and Guild FTP server with the same result. However, I can setup either program on the database server or on any of the workstations and it works just fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried the FTP server that comes built-in to IIS?

are you sure the IIS ftp is not started ?
( netstat -an | more )

make also sure the internal firewall is not fitering port 21.

hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back