Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloke152

Programmer
Aug 9, 2005
NO
enterprise 9

Hi Guys,

I have been asked to set up a schedule using enterprise that uses FTP to send a file to somewhere else. i have never done this before so i dont really know what i need. I currently have the address of an FTP site
ftp:\\blahblah-blah.blah (obviously not the real address i have!)
and i have a username and password.
I have attempted a few times to get this working but no good as yet. I keep getting connection errors.

All input fields filled on the destination tab, except account (i dont know what should go here hoping i can leave it blank!) and destination directory (again not sure what can go here, im guessting its a folder name but can i leave it blank?) Thats pretty much it. im stuck! Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers!

You also need to set-up the FTP destination settings on all the Report Job Servers in your cluster.

Details for setting-up those services on CE-9 should be in the CE-9 Admin Guide.

It's been a while since CE-9, so you would need to be more specific about what you have set-up - and the errors you are getting.

You should find the FTP setup under the Destinations tab under the Report Job Server under Servers in the Crystal Management Console.

Enable the FTP option in
Home > Servers > <Servername>.destinationjobserver - Destination Job Server - Destinations.

And then, configure it by clicking on the FTP option.

Check for the same in Home > Servers > <Servername>.reportjobserver - Crystal Reports Job Server - Destinations.

Hope this would help,

Thanks,
Krish...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help. It turns out now that there is a problem with the FTP site which is causing the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back