Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jddown

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
US
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes. My wife has been trying to upload files to her website all day using LeechFTP (which she's used for months), but hasn't had any luck. When she attempts to connect, she is able to log in, but she can't access the remote directory. It tries to retrieve the directory list, but gives up after 120 seconds, saying:

! Socket error occurred: operation timed out or aborted
~ Could not retrieve directory listed for "/"

The web hosting service's tech support wrote:
"I was able to connect to your site via FTP. If you have installed a firewall please make sure that it is either disabled or configured to allow access to port 21 for your FTP client. Also try disabling Passive Mode in your FTP client, this setting is normally found under the firewall settings. "

However, even after following their instructions, the same results occurred. Does anyone have any ideas? I know that Netzero was supposed to make some changes to their interface, but I couldn't imagine it would have an impact on this. Could it?

thanks,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back